Sunday, October 28, 2012

Blocking and skirting the issue!

I was craving for something new to wear to the office, my current wardrobe really needed a revamp. Pronto! And help just came at the right time yesterday. A relative sold off to me a pretty nice top, a long-sleeved chiffon top..the one with a Peter Pan-like collar and semi-cuffed sleeves. What made me love it is the colour block (well not really a colour block, more of a maroonish bodice and sleeves, and navy blue collar and cuffs) .. HAPPY ME!

So today my hands were itching to sew something for my daughter, that's when I thought of the colour block. I was coincidentally rummaging through my wardrobe, looking for stuffs that I could somehow mix and match using my not-so-fashionista-skills, when suddenly I pulled out 3 old tops..in which if I were to wear them, I'd definitely look like a walking Michelin advert. (no offence, but one can blame the "post-mommy-I-don't-have-time-for-gym" syndrome).

As I lay them on my bed, they kinda looked like a pastel-coloured traffic light..





I really needed to give these babies a fresh look!! Of course online tutorials were definitely the biggest help of all and within an hour or so, I managed to whip out a 3-tier colour block skirt for my lil' daughter!


There you go!

Of course my daughter was my model for this skirt...(but with much persuasion - had to "bribe" her with some raisin bread and warm milk)

"Mom, I really think these pair of leopard print booties would match my look"..


"But honey, mommy thinks those booties are a lil' loud for your whole outfit"...
"No mom, here let me get them for you...Look they're of good quality"


"Of course they're good quality, I bought them for you" -_- 
"OK mom, whatever you say, I'm STILL sticking to my fashion sense"


FINALLY a so-called "happy" shot..

Mini Muse: Alveena / Lil' Miss Chatterbox
Age : 1++ years old
Pose : I'm giving you my widest smile
Hairband and Booties : Model's own


And the look lasted only for a few minutes before she gave me the puss-in-boots look and pointed to me her nappies.

"Mama, poop poop".

-_____-

No comments:

Post a Comment